The Abridged Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Abridged Series Forums

The Abridged Series.org... where discussions on all things abridged is discussed here. Whether you're an abridger or just a fan, all are welcome...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Watchmen the Abridged Series - VOICE ACTORS NEEDED

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Floweramon

Floweramon

Watchmen the Abridged Series - VOICE ACTORS NEEDED Empty
PostSubject: Watchmen the Abridged Series - VOICE ACTORS NEEDED   Watchmen the Abridged Series - VOICE ACTORS NEEDED I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:13 pm

Welcome to my new project! This is Watchmen the Abridged Series! .... Or at least the call to audition. Watch, enjoy, and hopefully audition.

All info is in the video, but here's the text version:

Hello everyone, Floweramon here. I'm here to make two announcements. As you've probably wagered from the title and the hastily made logo in the video, this is concerning an abridged series of Watchmen. How am I gonna make an abridged series of Watchmen? With the motion comics, only this time I'll have multiple people voicing the characters instead of just one. This is the reason why I've made this videos, to reach out to all the voice actors and actresses I can. If you've ever wanted to be apart of an abridged series and/or you love Watchmen, here's your chance to be apart of the first ever Watchmen the Abridged Series. There are only a couple things I must ask of all auditioners beforehand:

1. Good mic and sound quality. I'd like this series to sound as good as possible. That means no background fuzz, no sound echo, and I'd like to be able to clearly hear what you're saying. If you're not sure how yours sounds, take any episode of Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series or Dragonball Z Abridged, listen to the sound quality there, and see if your sound quality meshes.

2. Be sure to tell me who you're auditioning for. You can audition for multiple parts and do it in any way, like reading lines, improv, a fandub, or something else. But except with the case of a fandub, I may not be able to tell what character you're doing unless you state it.

Currently, I'm only trying to find actors for the following characters:

-Edward "The Comedian" Blake: For anyone who wants a tip, I want to hear auditioners sound as much like assholes who couldn't give a crap about anything as possible.

-Walter "Rorschach" Kovacs: For him, I want to hear two things. A version of the Rorschach as done by the motion comics (which you can find on youtube), and a version like the movie (for those who don't know or understand, think Christian Bale's Batman)

-Dan "Nite Owl" Dreiberg: I'm not sure what I want to do with Dan. I'm leaning towards making him a little nerdy but I'm not sure. So try whatever you'd like and see if it gets my attention (or makes me laugh, whichever works best).

-Laurel "Silk Spectre" Juspeczyk: I actually have my eye on this part, but if anyone wants to try out they're more than welcome to. If I hear a portrayl that I particularly like, I'll consider given the part over. And yes, we're using the original Polish pronounciation of her last name.

-Doctor Jonathan "Dr. Manhattan" Osterman: This has been said by others, but I'll emphasis: make sure you're detatched from emotion. Think Spock, except blue and naked.

-Adrian "Ozymandias" Veidt: This is another I'm unsure of, but I'm thinking of poking fun at the supposed sexual ambiguity of the character. So if you'd like to take it in that direction, or else make it your own, that's fine. But make sure, above all else, that he sounds like a supremely intelligent, charismatic person.

-Hollis "Nite Owl" Mason: Not looking for much, just give me your best old man voice, perhaps with a Montana accent. The movie is a great reference, but since this is a parody, we'll be playing for laughs as well.
-Detective Steven Fine: Try to make him sound like a stereotypical detective.

-Detective Joe Bourquin: This guy I actually want to sound normal. Take that however you want.

-Happy Harry: Same here, do what you'd like with the character.

-Steve: Hard to say much about such a minor character. Above all else, have fun with your auditions.

These are just character who I know I'll need for the first episode. Any other characters for this chapter I'll give to people who've auditioned that I think fit the role, and for any future characters I'll make another anouncement. But if there's a specific character you like that wasn't mentioned and whom you'd like to audition for, then by all means be my guest. If possible, I'd prefer all auditions to be submitted through youtube as a response to this video.

There is no deadline as of yet. I'll make a cast announcement when I've chosen the roles and that should signal that auditions for the above roles are over.

Also, I'd like to add that I'm only a recent fan of the book. So if you have ideas for episodes, or jokes that you'd like to see in the series, send them to me via youtube private messaging. In fact, if anyone is a longtime fan with extensive knowledge and a gift for comedy, I could use a cowriter to bounce the script around.

Thanks for watching, can't wait to hear your auditions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Floweramon
Floweramon

Floweramon

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen the Abridged Series - VOICE ACTORS NEEDED   Watchmen the Abridged Series - VOICE ACTORS NEEDED I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:14 pm

Here are some lines for people who don't know what lines to use or haven't read Watchmen:

Edward "The Comedian" Blake:
-Yeah. Yeah, that's right. Pregnant woman. Gunned her down. Bang. And y'know what? You watched me. You coulda changed the gun into steam or the bullets into mercury or the bottle into snowflakes! You coulda teleported either of us to goddamn Australia...but you didn't lift a finger! You don't really give a damn about human beings. I've watched you. You never cared about whatsername, Janey Slater, even before you ditched her. Soon you won't be interested in Sally Jupiter's little girl, either. You're driftin' outta touch, Doc. You're turnin' into a flake. God help us all.
-You people are a joke. You hear Moloch's back in town, you think "Oh, boy! Let's gang up and bust him!" You think that matters? You think that solves anything?
-It don't matter squat because inside thirty years the nukes are gonna be flyin' like maybugs...and then Ozzy here is gonna be the smartest man on the cinder. Now, pardon me, but I got an appointment. See you in the funny papers.
-Once you figure out what a joke everything is, being the Comedian's the only thing that makes sense

Walter "Rorschach" Kovacs:
-Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No." They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like my father or President Truman. Decent men who believed in a day's work for a day's pay. Instead they followed the droppings of lechers and communists and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice. Now the whole world stands on the brink, staring down into bloodly Hell, all those liberals and intellectuals and smooth-talkers... and all of a sudden nobody can think of anything to say.
-He stood up for his country, Veidt. Never let anyone retire him. Never cashed in on his reputation. Never set up a company selling posters and diet books and toy soldiers based on himself. Never became a prostitute. If that makes him a Nazi, you might as well call me a Nazi, too.
-Soon there will be war. Millions will burn. Millions will perish in sickness and misery. Why does one death matter against so many? Because there is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this. But there are so many deserving of retribution ... and there is so little time.
-Shock of impact ran along my arm. Jet of warmth spattered on chest, like hot faucet. It was Kovacs who said "Mother" then, muffled under latex. It was Kovacs who closed his eyes. It was Rorschach who opened them again.
-Stood in firelight, sweltering. Bloodstain on chest like map of violent new continent. Felt cleansed. Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night. Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and God was not there. The cold, suffocating dark goes on forever and we are alone. Live our lives, lacking anything better to do. Devise reason later. Born from oblivion; bear children, hell-bound as ourselves, go into oblivion. There is nothing else. Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us. Streets stank of fire. The void breathed hard on my heart, turning its illusions to ice, shattering them. Was reborn then, free to scrawl own design on this morally blank world. Was Rorschach. Does that answer your questions, Doctor?

Daniel "Nite Owl" Dreiberg:
-You know better than that. These Saturday night beer sessions are what keeps me going.
-Oh, you mean Captain Carnage. Ha ha ha! He was one for the books. Ha Ha Ha. He tried that with me, only I'd heard about him, so I just walked away. He follows me down the street broad daylight, right? He's saying "PUNISH me!" I'm saying "No! Get lost!" Well, he pulled it on Rorschach, and Rorschach dropped him down an elevator shaft.
-Well, what do you expect? The Comedian is dead.
-But the country's disintegrating. What's happened to America? What's happened to the American dream?
-Who the hell do you think you are? You live off people while insulting them, nobody complains because they think you're a goddamned lunatic... Do you know how hard it is being your friend?
-Just a schoolkid's fantasy that got out of hand.
-Y'know, this must be how ordinary people feel. This must be how ordinary people feel around us.
-Rorschach...? Rorschach, wait! Where are you going? This is too big to be hard-assed about! We have to compromise!

Laurel "Silk Spectre" Juspeczyk:
-That's Juspeczyk. "Jupiter" was just a name my mother assumed because she didn't want anyone to know she was Polish. You haven't answered my question.
-What Mason said in "Under the Hood" is what happened. God knows I'm not my mother's biggest admirer, but some things shouldn't happen to anybody. Why do you think Blake never sued Mason?
-Yeah. I just don't like Rorschach. He's sick. Sick inside his mind. I don't like the way he smells or that horrible monotone voice or anything. The sooner the police put him away, the better.
-If I'm gonna be a kept woman for the military's secret weapon, then the military can stand me a bowl of spaghetti africaine every once in a while.
-It's just I keep thinking "I'm thirty-five. What have I done?" I've spent eight years in semi-retirement, preceded by ten years running round in a stupid costume because my stupid mother wanted me to!
-Hey, you remember that guy? The one who pretended to be a supervillain so he could get beaten up? I remember, I caught him coming out of this jeweller's. I didn't know what his racket was. I start hitting him and I think "Jeez! He's breathing funny! Does he have asthma?" Ha Ha Ha. What ever happened to him? Ahuh. Ahuhuhuh...Jeez, y'know, that felt Good. There don't seem to be that many laughs around these days.
-I'm used to going out at 3AM and doing something stupid.
-Is that what you are? The most powerful thing in the universe and you're just a puppet following a script?

Doctor Jonathan "Dr. Manhattan" Osterman:
-A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference. Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should I be concerned?
-We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings.
-Thermo-dynamic miracles... events with odds against so astronomical they're effectively impossible, like oxygen spontaneously becoming gold. I long to observe such a thing. And yet, in each human coupling, a thousand million sperm vie for a single egg. Multiply those odds by countless generations, against the odds of your ancestors being alive; meeting; siring this precise son; that exact daughter... Until your mother loves a man she has every reason to hate, and of that union, of the thousand million children competing for fertilization, it was you, only you, that emerged. To distill so specific a form from that chaos of improbability, like turning air to gold... that is the crowning unlikelihood. The thermo-dynamic miracle.
-Yes. Anybody in the world. ..But the world is so full of people, so crowded with these miracles that they become commonplace and we forget... I forget. We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from the another's vantage point. As if new, it may still take our breath away. Come...dry your eyes. For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly.
-Yes. Yes, he killed Blake and half New York. Excuse me, Rorschach. I'm informing Laurie ninety seconds ago.
-This world's smartest man means no more to me than does its smartest termite.
-'In the end'? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

Adrian "Ozymandias" Veidt:
-The Comedian had plenty of other political enemies to choose from, even discounting the Russians. The man was practically a Nazi.
-It doesn't require a genius to see that America has problems that need tackling...
-Death wasn't morbid to the ancient Egyptians. They saw it as launching on a voyage of spiritual discovery. Don't you find that a comforting thought?
-No, I don't mind being the smartest man in the world. I just wish it wasn't this one.
-We in this country, in this generation, are by destiny, rather than choice, the Watchmen on the Wall’s of World Freedom.’ Was he Rehearsing it, perhaps as the motorcade reached the plaza... Never suspecting that on the Walls of World Tyranny cross-hairs watched him.
-'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago.
-I suppose I'd have had to catch the bullet, wouldn't I?
-I did the right thing, didn't I? It all worked out in the end.

Hollis "Nite Owl" Mason:
-So, there I was in the super market buyin' dogfood for ol' Phantom here, I turn the corner of the aisle and WHAM! I bump into the Screaming Skull! You remember him? I put him away a dozen times in the forties, but he reformed an' turned to Jesus since then. Married, got two kids... We traded addresses.
-Oh, sure. Lost track o' the time there, talkin' 'bout all that old stuff. You musta been bored as Hell.
-Yeah, well, us old retired guys gotta stick together. Lemme put this out and I'll be right with ya.
-Y'know, it was a cryin' shame they put you youngsters out to grass in '77. You were a better Nite Owl than I ever was.
-Hey, watch with the language! This is the left hook that floored Captain Axis, remember?

Detective Steven Fine:
-Y'know, I always wonder... Do you think you black out before you hit the sidewalk, or what?
-Screw them. What about Rorschach? Rorschach never retired, even after him and his buddies fell out of grace. Rorschach's still out there somewhere. He's crazier than a snake's armpit and wanted on two counts of Murder One. We got a cozy little homicide here. If he gets involved, we'll be up to our butts in corpses.
-(answering phone) Hello? Yeah, Detective Fine speaking. A tip? Sure. What's your name...? No name, huh? Okay, that's acceptable. So what do you have? Raw what? Did you just say "shark"? Raw shark? Why should I want to know where to find... (Fine realizes what the informant is trying to say; "Rorschach")... raw shark. Okay. Yeah, I know who we're talking about. Now where...? Okay. Got that. When will he be there? Is he...? Yeah. Understood. We're on our way. 'Bye. (hangs up phone)
-Damn right, it was. After all these years, somebody just handed us that bastard's head on a plate. C'mon, man. We got a date. Let's go ignore some red lights.

Detective Joe Bourquin:
-Hmm. That's quite a drop.
-Hmm. I saw the body an' he looked beefy enough to protect himself. For a guy his age, he was in terrific shape. He had muscles like a weightlifter. He would have put up some kinda fight, I'm certain.
-I mean, what is this? A little money got stolen, but no way is this a straight burglary... Somebody really had it in for this guy.
-I think you take this vigilante stuff too seriously. Since the Keene Act was passed in '77 only the government-sponsored weirdos are active. They don't interfere.
-Steve, you're kidding! That wasn't about...?

Happy Harry:
-Ruh. Ror. Ror. Rorschach! Har Har How are ya doin', fella? I'm fuh, I'm fine! And I'm, and I'm, and I'm glad you're fine too! And uh, and uh... Oh God. Please don't kill anybody.

Steve:
-Hey, you hear that? He's got friends! Musta changed his deodorant!
-H-Hey! Hey, I didn't men anything... I, uh, I haven't been in the apple too long, and I...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Floweramon
Nixon
Abridging Fan
Abridging Fan
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen the Abridged Series - VOICE ACTORS NEEDED   Watchmen the Abridged Series - VOICE ACTORS NEEDED I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:30 pm

Enjoyed the movie alot. Ill defiantly try for Rorshack,my favorite. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watchmen the Abridged Series - VOICE ACTORS NEEDED   Watchmen the Abridged Series - VOICE ACTORS NEEDED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watchmen the Abridged Series - VOICE ACTORS NEEDED
Page 1 of 1