The Abridged Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Abridged Series Forums

The Abridged Series.org... where discussions on all things abridged is discussed here. Whether you're an abridger or just a fan, all are welcome...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Truthordeal Recommends

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

Truthordeal Recommends Empty
PostSubject: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:16 am

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree with Xagersfield in this case and say that Toonlord's One Piece Abridged is the best show you're not watching.

Magmabear's Golden Sun Abridged is off the freaking chain too.

I was a fan of both Ryjacork and CaptainAwesomePatch's Rurouni Kenshin Abridgeds, but neither of them have any plans of continuing(Captn said he was "retiring" and I know Ryjacork personally).

SXAbridged did a spectacular job on Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal Abridged, and seems to have Big O Abridged down solid as well. He also uploads funny as hell random bits in between episodes, so you always have something decent from him.

This may sound a bit out of taste with Raymscreator passing away just recently, but of all of the Yugioh GX Abridgeds out there, I have to pick Funkymcfunks to recommend.

Samurai Champloo Abridged by ThatChevyGuy87 is pretty good from what I've seen as well.

Full Metal Panic! Abridged from Xexyzl is something worth getting into.

TeamDattebayo(TeamDN now) is the best DeathNote Abridged freaking ever. There is supposed to be a TeamFourStar-esque group coming together to make another one, but I have to say no to that, as these large groups of abridgers almost always seem to be a letdown at the end.

In fact, I'm going to recommend not getting sucked into that type of hype, like we did with the CoBaG or I did with Clannad TAS(I do not recommend it at all, yet). From what I've seen, guys, these groups tend to focus more on editing elaborately or getting a large group of random voice actors than writing a decent joke.

Sorry about that tangent there.

I haven't seen a decent Inuyasha Abridged I'd consider recommending. Maybe CanadianJutsu's, but probably not for the time being. Perhaps I'll add that to the Wish List.

There are plenty of Eva Abridgeds out there, but the one I've fallen in love with has got to be the PRPD's NGE Abridged.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amandestinedtobeking
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:06 pm

I'd also recommend Air Abridged from TeamFartTaco.
Back to top Go down
xagersfeld
Admin
xagersfeld

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:45 pm

Because you recommended it, I will watch Toonlord's One Piece abridged and report back.
Back to top Go down
http://theabridgedseries.org/
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:47 pm

Everyone who has read this knows that I love TeamDattebayo, but I have to give major props to 1KidsEntertainment's DeathNote Abridged. It gives a fresh spin on the Death Note series, with brilliant voice acting and editing. The redubbed episodes are on par with TeamDat themselves.

ProjectMiyazaki, aka ThePMAS on Youtube, are a group of low-level abridgers(and AdamWestsLapDog) who made an extremely high-level abridged movie series. Princess Mononoke Abridged is already up(although, due to Youtube being Youtube, they've had to start hosting their videos on Myspace) and Spirited Away Abridged is on its way up. Recommended.

Lucidlyconscious' Spiderman The Animated Series Abridged is good too. It's on his devil's advocado account. I can't ever remember the URL, but if you Youtube search for it you'll find it. Weird name to be sure. Great series though.

Saboooom's(four o's) Reboot abridged is edited extremely well. I wouldn't have expected a CGI-based series to be able to lip sync as well as he has done it. It also has good jokes, but that's a given.

I had a bit of a hard time finding TutuOn's Youtube channel, then realized that a link was posted in the introductions thread. Truthordeal Recommends Magus-PonderFront

I know.

I'll admit, the thought of watching an abridged form of a ballet-themed anime didn't exactly sit well with me, but I overcame my prejudices and I loved it. They had me at the soul-eating canary. The rest of it only goes uphill from there. Over-animation FTW!
Back to top Go down
xagersfeld
Admin
xagersfeld

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:09 pm

Truthordeal wrote:
Everyone who has read this knows that I love TeamDattebayo, but I have to give major props to 1KidsEntertainment's DeathNote Abridged. It gives a fresh spin on the Death Note series, with brilliant voice acting and editing. The redubbed episodes are on par with TeamDat themselves.

ProjectMiyazaki, aka ThePMAS on Youtube, are a group of low-level abridgers(and AdamWestsLapDog) who made an extremely high-level abridged movie series. Princess Mononoke Abridged is already up(although, due to Youtube being Youtube, they've had to start hosting their videos on Myspace) and Spirited Away Abridged is on its way up. Recommended.

Lucidlyconscious' Spiderman The Animated Series Abridged is good too. It's on his devil's advocado account. I can't ever remember the URL, but if you Youtube search for it you'll find it. Weird name to be sure. Great series though.

Saboooom's(four o's) Reboot abridged is edited extremely well. I wouldn't have expected a CGI-based series to be able to lip sync as well as he has done it. It also has good jokes, but that's a given.

I had a bit of a hard time finding TutuOn's Youtube channel, then realized that a link was posted in the introductions thread. Truthordeal Recommends Magus-PonderFront

I know.

I'll admit, the thought of watching an abridged form of a ballet-themed anime didn't exactly sit well with me, but I overcame my prejudices and I loved it. They had me at the soul-eating canary. The rest of it only goes uphill from there. Over-animation FTW!

I'm glad it's not just me, cause I felt like an asshole.
Back to top Go down
http://theabridgedseries.org/
TutuOn
Rookie Abridger
Rookie Abridger
TutuOn

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:40 pm

xagersfeld wrote:
Truthordeal wrote:
I had a bit of a hard time finding TutuOn's Youtube channel, then realized that a link was posted in the introductions thread.

I know.

I'm glad it's not just me, cause I felt like an asshole.

Eh, Don't feel too bad. Abridging a show called "Princess Tutu" about people in Ballet school will of course come with some baggage. I knew that when I set out. Thank you so much for watching it anyway, and I'm glad you liked it.

I also really recommend the original series -- despite it's subject matter. I have not showed it to a single person so far who didn't like it. (That includes all the guys who are involved in my series--Although the amount of coaxing it took to show them was admittedly more.) It's a really rich story with a lot of good character and suspense (And just a couple very excellent sword fights.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TutuOnAbridger
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Alright, I'm gonna try and find a new abridged series each week to recommend. This is my pledge to the Springtime of Youth! Its sort of a New Years Resolution, but, you know, not...and it has to do with the Springtime of Youth.

Anywho, this week:

SamTheGreek. Possibly one of my favorite abridgers out there. He's the maker of Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal Abridged(an OVA based on my favorite anime, Rurouni Kenshin), Bedtime Stories Abridged(The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Sleeping Beauty so far) and Big O Abridged, and tons of other awesome original content.

You all might also know him as the person who pranked everyone into believing that he hacked AdamWestsLapDog and then fooled Cassius614, as well as the person that did S.A.M. Animes I Do Watch, as a parody of Code Geass and Antfish.

His rap sheet is long, and has posted being called "completely tasteless" by hbi2k as his major accomplishment.

And this, in essence, is what makes him so awesome. His utter disregard for any conventional social borders on comedy and decency. I love that. Its the type of comedy that my personal comedic hero, George Carlin, did every time he came out on stage.

I highly recommend SamTheGreek to you all.

His youtube is www.youtube.com/sxabridged. Go watch. Now!
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:01 pm

Week 2! I'll try to get these on Mondays from now on.

Ok, this week I recommend another personal favorite of mine for a while now:

Sehanort. Typically you'll see groups of abridgers come around one channel to form an abridged series, but that is not the case for Sehanort, a man who does almost every voice of his Bleach parodies(Bleachers and Soul Society Spoofs) by himself, with remarkable voice differentiation.

Normally, he would hate to be called an abridger, but he recently came out with his own abridged series separate from his Bleach and Code Geass parodies. He chose Digimon, and it is every bit as good as one would suspect from him.

What I like most about Sehanort is that he's funny. He's funny without all of the pizzazz and bling that come with most abridged series. His editing is simple, but awesome. Unlike certain abridgers *cough cough Zeromaster* he doesn't make all of his comedy off of his editing.

Moreover, he uses various OSTs extremely well, and is very original in his jokes and content. In my opinion, he's every much the equal of Khenpoe without the long waiting periods.

His youtube channels are: www.youtube.com/sehanort for his Bleach and Code Geass parodies and www.youtube.com/digimoncampersguide for his Digimon Abridged.

I highly recommend Sehanort to you guys. Go watch! Now!
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:47 pm

Week 3! Let's Send it Beyond the Seas this Week!

This week's subject is one of the few Yugioh GX Abridgers that I can actually stand. More than that, he and his partner are an awesome combination that breaths a hell of a lot of life into the series and is worthy of competition.

I'm recommending, FunkymcFunk and GYRGadget of Yugioh GX Abridged.

FunkyInc's Yugioh GX Abridged starts out kind of slow. The first couple of episodes start out looking like an American Pie rip-off, and the voice acting isn't the greatest quality in the world. Their footage isn't the top-class, HD 16:9 that you'll see with TFS or Pokemon Abridged either. In fact, it can get a bit choppy at times.

But what makes FunkyInc heads above the other two major YGO GX Abridgers(Sephirex and DarkSideIncorporated) is the comedy and the timing. They know how to write a joke, something that is becoming increasingly lost as editing becomes flashier in the abridging community.

The editing isn't ostentatious, and the voice acting is actually pretty good, considering the wide array of characters they have to voice on any given episode.

Basically, I'm recommending FunkyInc for the same reasons I recommended Sehanort: They're funny as hell, well edited but not over edited, and can do a lot of voices with surprising differentiation.

They've featured cameos from the likes of Lanipator and MasakoX, and even did an episode parodying littlekuriboh's Dan Green.

Plus, they're British. What more can you ask for?

I recommend FunkyInc's Yugioh GX Abridged.

They can be found at www.youtube.com/funkymcfunk and www.youtube.com/gyrgadget for the first two episodes.

Go forth, watch and subscribe! Now!
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:50 pm

Week 4: Actually On Time This Week!

It was a tough choice for this week. I didn't want to cause any conflicts of interest by recommending people I know(i.e., TutuOnAbridger, 1Kids, Scourgemaster93, TeamFartTaco, etc.), and I didn't want to repeat anyone I already recommended.

At the same time, I had two people/groups in mind that either 1) I hadn't finished watching all of their episodes, or 2) Have only come out with one or two episodes.

So, I basically scoured my subscriptions list and came across two people I thought was deserving.

This week, I'm recommending, Manitoug15 of Ouran High School Host Club Abridged.

This series is done by two British girls/women/whatever the proper word for this situation would be, oro...

Anyway, their humor typically revolves around the gay jokes that are to be expected from a reverse-harem anime like Ouran, but that doesn't mean that they are off-color or tasteless. In fact, if it weren't for the good writing, I wouldn't be recommending it.

As I mentioned before, all of the voices with only a few exceptions are done by two British females who use the change pitch feature of Audacity excellently. Considering that Ouran is a very male populated anime, this is awesome.

The editing is not the best, I'll admit. In fact, until just recently, they used regular title/subtitles in WMM to cover up some obscuring text. Interesting side story, it was thanks to yours truly that they found a way around that.

So, therefore, I recommend Manitoug15's Ouran the Vaguely Abridged Series! It is hosted at https://www.youtube.com/manitoug15.

The second person I want to talk about is an up-and-comer of his own right. I'm also recommending, thechevyguy1969's Samurai Champloo Abridged.

ChevyGuy works with a small group of people to write and voice the series, including Alexandraghost and AsianManifesto of Spiral Abridged fame.

In the writing, the SCA people work very closely to the storyline without taking too many jokes from the story itself. Samurai Champloo, being 1/2 comedy and 1/2 pure sword-slashing violence isn't exactly the easiest anime to parody. But they make it work by inverting a lot of the humor and mixing in a lot of their own.

The voice acting is spot on for all of the characters(esp. episode 3 and on). There's really not much more to say about it. The voice acting is a good quality, and the group members use excellent voice differentiation.

The editing is simple(like I like it) without too many effects and transitions. But at the same time, the video quality is off the charts. I believe they even have it in HD as of episode 2.

So, I'm recommending Thechevyguy1969's Samurai Champloo Abridged. It is hosted at www.youtube.com/thechevyguy1969.

Go forth and subscribe!
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Last week's was admittedly crapsacktastic, simply because I hadn't finished this week's subject by then and had to come up with someone on the spot. This week is much better, as I've had two weeks now to prepare.

Week 5: Giant Robot Week!(

This week's subject is actually someone fairly new to me. It wasn't until about a month ago that I stumbled onto his channel after watching him on one of Chicknwings' TAC Podcasts. At first I saw one of his Gundam parodies that I thought was well done. Then I went on to watch some of his Naruto parodies, and eventually, his own parody series in which he spoofs mecha anime. Finally, I deemed him worthy of my respect after he made this rant.

The man I'm talking about is the self-proclaimed "Black Man of the Abridging Community" and one of only a handful of people who can get away with saying the N-word, Prrrrrrinnnnnnce Roy!

Now, I could spend the entire post this week gushing about the aforementioned rant, but due to Princeroy's reputation, I'll stick with the comedy.

As I mentioned before, Princeroy is the genius mind behind two main series). The first one is "What Really Happened," in which he spoofs practically any series that comes to his mind. Examples include Metal Gear Solid, Gantz and even Naruto.

The second series of his is the Super Robot Wars S.U.B.J.U.G.A.T.I.O.N. Parody series, which is a crossover of every mecha anime ever created that's worth watching(and Gurren Lagann too. Oh snap! I went there!). Subjects include ZZ Gundam, G Gundam, Getter Robo and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Princeroy's humor can't be contained to one subject matter or method. He uses a variety of different techniques, from sarcasm, to Idiot Ball, to nonsensicalism, to very very dark humor. He pulls this all off very effectively, especially since his parodies are relatively short, about 4-7 minutes in length on average and noncontinuous from one to the next. This format really brings out his creativity in each separate series.

His editing is top notch, even if the footage he uses is a bit low quality(most of these shows come from the 80's, so you have to cut him some slack on that). He doesn't use very many snazzy effects, but I've never held that against anyone before.

Princeroy often recruits voice actors and actresses to help him with his voice work. Guest stars include Nowacking, Zangya, Shamanstick, LordQuadros, Whip0fAlchemy, GanXingba, and Antfish. Despite this, he does almost all of the voices by himself with his own skills. His differentiation is pretty good. You can't really tell that it all comes from one person.

His use of music is extremely good. For a great example, I refer you to his spoof of MazinKaiser

I hereby officially recommend Princeroy to you all. His youtube account can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/user/princeroy

Go forth and subscribe! Now!

All Hail Princeroy!
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Week 6: An Good Editor for Change?!

Past couple of weeks, I've been ranting about "editing this" and "editing that" and only picking abridgers who didn't really use a lot of fancy editing tricks. This week, I decided to talk about someone who does.

FlyingBandicoot, the lead creator/voice actor/writer for Poke Shots Abridged.

Poke Shots is an abridgment of the sixth season of Pokemon, Pokemon Advanced. Before working on the Poke Shots, Bandicoot abridged Digimon Frontier, even with a movie attached. She is also currently involved in the Bandicoot Tournament, where various anime characters battle in a fighting game-type thing that she edits.

Since she started her Poke Shots, she's deleted Digimon, so I couldn't go back and review it after all this time, so I'll be focusing mostly on her Poke Shot's Abridged.

The best phrase to describe Poke Shots Abridged, is that its about 15 minutes of comedy packed into a 5 minute timeslot. The writing is so full and so awesome. There was not a minute when I wasn't laughing during the most recent episode.

The voice acting is filled with top notch people, like Unwardil, SamuraiKH2, CardboardLawyer, and the Bandicoot herself.

The editing is very clean, and can sometimes be elaborate without being ostentatiously so. She's a pro at what she does.

For these reasons, I recommend FlyingBandicoot's Poke Shot's Abridged.

https://www.youtube.com/flyingbandicoot

Go Forth and Subscribe!
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:14 pm

Warning: Due to its nature, this post has some bias in it. I however, think it makes it better.

Week 7: A Bit of a Change(no one will get this joke).

I was looking through the list of series on the site, and I realized that a lot of people were doing the same series. Some of us with intelligence and maturity can be fans of many different takes on the same series, and then there are the fanboys(and probably fangirls, but I'm not taking the time to check). Fanboys will rabidly fight other fanboys of other series, and flame wars eventually break out.

Bleach has Semisoma, Sehanort and Khenpoe, Code Geass has TeamSupaSharu and Ezekieru, Naruto has MasakoX and Vegeta against LK's Ninja Spoofs, etc.

So as the type of person who enjoys this type of competition, I decided to spend a week every now and then recommending one series over the others. Hopefully too much strife won't be caused, but maybe it'll get people interested. Who knows?

This week, I decided to start off with a series I know; that is, my own, Zoids Zero. Outside of my take on the series, there are currently three different groups trying on the same series: Teamfinityoo, TeamShadowBlitz, and TeamDeezNuts(Yami: Why is everyone abridging this series a f*cking abridging team!). So, from these three competitors of mine, I'll pick which one I think is actually any good.

Let's start with Teamfinityoo, the first challenger who approached:

Teamfinityoo consists of three unknowns, ShinSynn, Spader21 and The Panda. Two episodes in, they haven't really flushed out their style yet. They seem to be doing a very "gangsta" version of the series from what I've seen so far, and while that's not necessarily a bad thing, some of the jokes do tend to get repetitive.

Their audio is very temperamental, switching from high to low and blowing eardrums in the meanwhile. They do manage to differentiate their voices a bit, but a lot of the characters end up sounding like each other. One penchant of mine that I feel needs to be aired before continuing: not only did they not try to find a female VA for episode 2, they didn't even try to make the character sound feminine. That's just a personal bias of mine.

Their editing isn't bad. Its the very simplistic type I like, but they could use better footage. That's about all I have to say about that.

Overall, Teamfinityoo isn't anything special compared to my other competition.

The second group to join in the fray was TeamShadowBlitz. They consist of some pretty well-known people like Sephirex, Tyler1337Admin, SaiyaUnleashed and TokuTenshi.

Unfortunately for writing, I don't think I can make much of a judgment on their writing other than: I know I like it. They are pretty funny.

Their voice acting is pretty good. They have a very diverse cast and most of them actually fit their roles. Voice differentiation is not much of a problem.

Their editing is good. Its simplistic, without being shoddy, and they are very good at mixing audio and sound effects. It isn't overedited by any means, and the footage is very gooo quality.

Overall, I like TeamShadowBlitz. They are a well-rounded, well-versed group of people who know what they're doing and do it well.

The last one is TeamDeezNuts, headed by Mugen026 of OtakuDragonStudios, a group that includes TitanAura of Project YGO and Sakasa Jin'ei, who did the opening.

DeezNuts is a group that made their writing style very apparent with the first episode. It has some aspects of Teamfinityoo's "gangsta" atmosphere, but there is a lot less of it and it is far more manageable. They did the same thing in episode 2 as Teamfinityoo did, but they at least wrote a reason for it, and that is commendable.

Their voice acting is subpar most of the time, but Mugen026's impression of Brad is probably the closest anyone's come to Samuel Vincent's original take. Voice differentiation tends to slack a little bit when minor characters are introduced, and there's barely any difference between several of the main characters.

Their editing is quite good. Sakasa Jin'ei, as I mentioned before, did the editing for the opening, and I'm assuming Mugen026 is editing for the rest. They mix audio and video extremely well and have good footage to boot.

I do have to admit one bias against TeamDeezNuts: They simply don't respect the source material. Of course, everyone is parodying it and poking fun at several of the plot holes and inconsistencies, but the rest of the competition doesn't make them. Everyone outside of TeamDeezNuts actually seems to have a handle on the series in its original context, and because of this, as a fan of the series, I have to penalize them, even if nobody but me notices.

Overall, they aren't too bad to the casual fan, but they do irk the rest of us.

My recommendation, among these three, is TeamShadowBlitz. Their editing isn't quite up to par with DeezNuts, but their voice differentiation, scriptwriting and most importantly, respect to the source material, puts them ahead in my book.

That being said, you can find them here: https://www.youtube.com/teamshadowblitz

Go forth and subscribe!

Second place goes to TeamDeezNuts, who simply have a better handle on the parodying aspect.

You can find them at: Huh, apparently they were suspended. Sorry.

Third place goes to Teamfinityoo. Sorry, hope you do improve, but in the meantime...

You can find them at https://www.youtube.com/teamfinityoo

Finally, last place goes to these jackasses, who have no idea what they're doing.

And of course, since this wouldn't be right without some shameless advertising, I give myself special honorary mention, and can be found by clicking my signature.

Go forth and subscribe!
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:22 am

Update: I'm currently editing Zoids Zero Abridged 16, so if it's not up today, I'll do my recommendation tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:23 am

Week 8: Nowacking...Just, Nowacking.

It's very rare that you see someone with such an extensive resume that it completely overshadows their own series. Nowacking is one of these people. She currently has four projects in the works: Bobobo Abridged, Gurenn Lagann Abridged, One Piece Abridged, and a RomeoXJuliet Dramedy Series, whatever that means.

But most of Nowacking's fame comes from her extensive voice acting resume; a list so big that I had to copy and paste it from her Abridged Wikia page:

* Air Abridged by TeamFartTaco - Mizuzu
* Animes I Don't Watch: "Beyblade" by Antfish - Kenny, Spanish woman, Team Israel Leader Daughter
* Aquarion the Abridged Series by xLight09x - Silvia, Reika, Rena
* Berserk the Abridged One-Shot by SamtheGreek - Casca
* The Big O Abridged by SamtheGreek - Linus, (Episode 5 Halloween Special)
* Bobobo the Abridged Series - Series editor, main VA, and writer
* Captain N: The Abridged Game Master - Princess Lana
* Clannad Abridged by ClannadTAS - Misae
* Code Geass Abridged by TeamSupeSharu - Rolo Lamperouge, Inoue, Nagisa Chiba
* Code Geass: Parody of the Rebellion by Luffydaman91 - Kallen
* Cowboy Bebop Abridged by TheSatelliteBlues - Ed
* Disorganization XIII - Xion
* East Blue Abridged by Williamdorf - Monkey D. Luffy, Kid Luffy, little girl
* Kiki's Delievery Service the Abridged Parody Movie by ScooneySquad7 - Lucille Ball
* Naruto Shippuden Abridged by TheKonohaBanditos - Tsunade, Ten-Ten
* One Piece Parody by Zeromaster - Editor, writer, Monkey D. Luffy, little girl
* Ouran High School Host Club Abridged by OuranHostClubAbridged - Renge
* Poké Abridged Shot by FlyingBandicoot - Roxanne, Nurse Joy, receptionist
* Pokémon The Abridged Series by PokemonAbridgedFTW - Nurse Joy (Episode 13)
* Sextra Credit Abridged (One-Shot) by APlaceForChildren - Kyoko, (Head Teacher)
* Shaman King the Abridged Series by Shamanstick - Pilika
* Shuffle! Abridged by Scourgemaster93 - Asa, (episode 5 onward)
* Sora no Otoshimono Abridged (One-Shot) by Scourgemaster93 - Ikaros
* Soul Eater Abridged by GoddessofCupcakes - Liz
* Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann the Abridged Movie by JustFiveGuys - Yoko, Leite Jokin
* Tenga Toppa Guren Lagann the Abridged Series by JFOtaku7810 - Writer, side-editor, Yoko, Leeron, Kittan, Kiyo, Gimmy, Darry
* Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann the Satire by Semisoma01 - Adiane
* Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Implosion by TeamDiaGurren - Darry Adai (both young and older)
* The Abridging of Haruhi Suzumiya by FullmetalChao - Emiri Kimidori, Team Captain
* This Ugly yet Beautiful World Abridged by Scourgemaster93 - Hikari, Mari
* Tsubasa Chronicles Abridged by TheRealityBreakers - Yuko
* Yu-Gi-Oh 5D!'s Abridged by Azurada23 - Luca
* Yu-Gi-Oh GX the Abridged Series by SliferSlackers - Alexis

Needless to say, doing a full recommendation on every project she's worked with would be impossibly long winded. So, I'm going to focus on her main project, Bobobo Abridged.

First of all, being one who's seen Bobobo the original series, the mere fact that she's able to write a parody of this series is beyond all comprehensible logic. The fact that its insanely good without borrowing too much from the original series takes it up a whole 'nother level.

The voice acting of Bobobo Abridged is a bit of a touchy subject. Nowacking's a female, and despite being an incredibly skilled and experienced voice actress, all of the characters she voices(even the ostensibly male ones) sound as such. This isn't much of a detraction from the comedy though, and if you can get past this little bump...well, you get it.

Editing, I can't speak much about. It's been a while since I've seen the original Bobobo, and I can't tell when a dazzling editing effect is part of the original scene or Nowacking's own doing. Either way, the footage she uses is awesome. Very clean and HQ.

If you're a fan of many series, chances are you'll run into her voice acting at least once.

Therefore, I recommend Nowacking as an abridger and a voice actress.

You can find her account at https://www.youtube.com/Nowacking

All of her other voice acting work is listed above.

Go forth and subscribe!
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Week 9: Presented in Retrovision!

I only heard about these guys(and girl) after their latest suspension. And I only knew of that because of HokageTitan. Judging by how quickly they get suspended, they might very well catch up to me soon.

This week I am recommending, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Abridged, by ARTeamFTW(which is their current account name).

AlchemicReactionTeam is a group comprised of Flamealchemist35, TwilightWolf183, HokageTitan(as Roy Mustang), WhipOfAlchemy(as Riza Hawkeye and Winry) LuluABs, and Acearius. Thus far they've had Antfish, AWLD and Han0n1 as guest stars.

It is written by Flamealchemist35, and edited by Twilightwolf183.

Anyway, because of their suspension, they've reuploaded their episodes in reverse order(Episode 5 to Episode 1, rather than the other way around) and that's the order I saw them in. This was probably for the better, as I got to see them starting at their peak rather than them as they just started.

I won't lie, the first episode was rough, editing wise and even in terms of voice talent. But over the course of five episodes, they've improved quite a bit and made themselves on par with most notable abridged series.

In terms of voice acting, they've got an extremely diverse and talented cast. Specifically worth mentioning are Flamealchemist35 for his Alphonse Elric impression, and WhipofAlchemy for her Riza Hawkeye impression(I'll get to Mustang later). Voice differentiation for most of the main cast is good, although sometimes minor characters can sound too similar to each other.

Editing is where they've most improved though. The AlchemicReactionTeam has always had extremely high quality footage, but the clipping and mixing of their footage to their audio hasn't been as clean as they have been in recent episodes. As I said before, the first couple of episodes were kind of rough, but they've definitely gotten a handle on whatever program they're using to edit it.

Scripting is where they excel. Even in the first few episodes, the writing was excellent, and that has continued to this day. HokageTitan(as Roy Mustang) has become one of the currently most requested cameo voice actors simply because of one line from the series; namely

TINY MINISKIRTS!

So where it counts most for me, in deriving humor from the script rather than fancy editing tricks, the AlchemicReactionTeam has it.

Therefore, I recommend ARTeamFTW's Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Abridged Series.

You can find the series(in its entirety) at https://www.youtube.com/arteamftw

Go forth and subscribe!
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:48 pm

I'm calling a mulligan this week and next due to some research papers needing to be done. But I'll be back with a comparison between the decent Pokemon Abridges.
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Next week, I'll get back to doing my recommendations. I'll have some content up this week, as well as putting out a few advertisements.
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:25 pm

Alrighty then, I'm back. With a recommendation of the various Pokemon Abridgeds.

The reason this was put off for so long was that I didn't want to re-do FlyingBandicoot's PokeShots, but I needed at least four to compare and contrast. Little did I know what I was getting into...

I dredged through Youtube, I found tons of series, none of which were good. It was a rough journey, but well worth it...

There are almost 100 different Pokemon series, each significantly worse than the last. I managed to get three that were passable in quality: MasterWGS, CaptainAwesomee, and Solarblade00's Polkamon Abridged. But finally, at the beginning of this month, I found a fourth, possibly best series. I'll get to that later. For now, let us begin the recommendation!

Week 10: Back in Syndication!

First, one similar theme between three of the major PTAS(MasterWGS, Captn, SolBlade) is the voice acting; Ash is usually pretty good, Misty is a falsetto of the main voice actor(I'd put Capt>MasterWGS>Solblade in this respect), Jessie is usually a worse falsetto(MasterWGS wins here), James is usually very close to his dub voice, as is Meowth, Samurai, Brock are pretty good too. That being said, I'm going to pretty much avoid the voice acting aspect of these three.

Another trend that I noticed between these three is whether or not they make the Pokemon talk, particularly Pikachu. Captn and SolBlade both use the same method of using the Pikachu sound clips with subtitles, whereas MasterWGS uses actual voice acting to make Pikachu talk. I don't really consider one of these methods better than the other, but I will say that compared to MasterWGS dubbing and CaptainAwesomee's subbing, Solblade is left behind in the dust.

Now, for each series separately.

First up on the reel is the first one I saw, almost two years ago. CaptainAwesomee(whether or not this is the same person as Captainawesomepatch is unknown). That being said, this is probably the oldest decent Pokemon Abridged out there.

Captn's Pokemon Abridged is very simply edited compared to most abridged series nowadays. But comparing it to Lanipator or MasaGeta or any one of the big abridgers during that time, you'd see that it's about on the same level. The quality of the footage is pretty scrappy, as is the quality of the audio he uses. You can expect to have to change the volume on your playback device quickly, as the levels get pretty erratic.

However, his writing is extremely funny. There's no real central method behind it, but it all ties together to make for a hilarious experience. For instance, episode 3 has the line: "My name is Ash Ketchum, and my father's a prick for leaving me." This is completely out of nowhere, makes no sense in context and defies any sort of pragmatic sense, but it's funny. And that is what counts.

The thing that really separates Captn's series from the others is his use of music. At the end of each episode, he uses the Pokemon stinger, with a different track of music, typically one used earlier in the episode. This is awesome, and wraps up the end of the episode strongly. Definitely a high point of Captn's videos.

SolarBlade00 is next.

Last edited by Truthordeal on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:06 pm

SolarBlade00 started his Pokemon Abridged around the same time as CaptnAwesomee, about two years ago. He has since dropped off the radar, just as Captn did.

Compared to the other three, I'd have to rank Solblade's mic and video quality as the worst. It gets very foggy, unsyncs easily and is horrible on the ears at times. This gets better over time, and he manages to get the episodes to be easier to understand and less unpleasant on the ears near the end, but still.

He actually walks the viewer through how he makes his episodes in one video, and there is a bit of good advice(how to make a demonic voice, how to make a censoring beep) but overall, not much is to be said about his series in general. He does make shorts every now and then that are pretty funny, but still.

SolBlade is a decent abridger, especially compared to most of the competition out there. But there is a huge gulf between his series and the other three mentioned here.

MasterWGS started about last year, if I remember correctly, and is still producing episodes. Truth be told, when it came time to review his series, he had been suspended, and therefore, I couldn't find any of his episodes save his most recent one. It was thanks to PillowVPillow that I managed to get the copies of his series. He hooked me up, and for that I say thank you.

MasterWGS has high quality footage and very good mic quality. It is very clean and ear friendly, and simply looks nice. My only qualm is that he doesn't bother to hide the freaking water mark in his opening. This is a distraction, IMHO.

Unlike Captn and SolBlade, he actually makes a voice for each of the pokemon character, and this adds a whole array of unique dialog to his series that the other two simply can't do. The writing is hilarious and his jokes are great, often employing visual humor to help. He often strays from the storyline, but this is forgivable as the actual plot remains intact. If you can find him, MasterWGS is definitely worth your time.

I've avoided talking about this one until now, because it is simply so different from the other three, that comparing it would be a waste of time. But now, the fourth and final one is probably one of the most original and unique takes on the series that I have ever seen.

Behold: Pokedubs!

I heard about this series from a friend named CarbonKirby. One night, he told me about this one Pokemon Abridged that was really unique. I asked him what made it unique and he said "Pikachu is Jack Sparrow."

Originally, I thought "Well, this is a lame gimmick, and it won't last." But I figured I'd review it simply for this post, and I loved it.

Pokedubs(assuming you get the right one, as there are a few named Pokedubs) is a stunning visual and auditory masterpiece. It combines the epic sound track from Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean movies, as well as several extremely clever editing tricks. They managed to dub Pikachu perfectly, something that even MasterWGS and his visual humor still can't do.

And the voice acting is different too. Ash is the same as every other series, but the rest of the characters are taken up to 11 in awesomeness. They even have female VA's for the female characters. EdricOfDoom as Jack Sparrowchu is simply amazing.

Pokedubs is definitely one of the best concerted efforts to abridged Pokemon, ever.

However, I have to say that compared to a group effort like Pokedubs or MasterWGS, solo efforts like SolBlade and CaptnAwesomee's tend to look better to me, simply because it is a solo project. Captn definitely had a wider range and less gimmicks than Pokedubs, and that made it really hard to decide who gets the number one spot between Pokedubs and Captnawesomee.

In good conscience though, I had to give it to Pokedubs, simply because they are the ones that are still producing new episodes. Captn, sadly, is not, and has been inactive for over a year and a half.

That being said, you can find Pokedubs amazing series here.

Captnawesomee, who runs a close second can be found mostly here , but, due to copyright, has some episodes only available here.

Third place goes to MasterWGS and Team Pokemonstrocity/PokemonAbridgedFTW. Their backup account is found here. They also have a website, found here.

Finally, there is SolarBlade00, who, despite me being rough on him with this recommendation, still has a worthwhile series. He is cool.

That being said, help support these guys in their amazing endeavors. Go forth and subscribe!

Next week I will be reviewing one series by an old favorite of mine, lost to Youtube and almost knocked into obscurity.

Last edited by Truthordeal on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake in voice actors)
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:49 pm

I wanted to make one quick recommendation while I'm here.

I've never seen Code Geass, and I've never really wanted to make an effort to see it anyway. I've seen Ezekieru and TeamSupaSharu, and of course, I've seen Sehanort's take.

But of those three, I've seen one earlier today that can easily take the title of most underrated parody:

PurpleEyesWTF's Code Geass Parody

I don't really want to make a full-length recommendation, but this guy is awesome! Definitely check him out.
Back to top Go down
1KidsEntertainment
Co-Administrator
1KidsEntertainment

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Truthordeal wrote:
SolarBlade00 started his Pokemon Abridged around the same time as CaptnAwesomee, about two years ago. He has since dropped off the radar, just as Captn did.

Compared to the other three, I'd have to rank Solblade's mic and video quality as the worst. It gets very foggy, unsyncs easily and is horrible on the ears at times. This gets better over time, and he manages to get the episodes to be easier to understand and less unpleasant on the ears near the end, but still.

He actually walks the viewer through how he makes his episodes in one video, and there is a bit of good advice(how to make a demonic voice, how to make a censoring beep) but overall, not much is to be said about his series in general. He does make shorts every now and then that are pretty funny, but still.

SolBlade is a decent abridger, especially compared to most of the competition out there. But there is a huge gulf between his series and the other three mentioned here.

MasterWGS started about last year, if I remember correctly, and is still producing episodes. Truth be told, when it came time to review his series, he had been suspended, and therefore, I couldn't find any of his episodes save his most recent one. It was thanks to PillowVPillow that I managed to get the copies of his series. He hooked me up, and for that I say thank you.

MasterWGS has high quality footage and very good mic quality. It is very clean and ear friendly, and simply looks nice. My only qualm is that he doesn't bother to hide the freaking water mark in his opening. This is a distraction, IMHO.

Unlike Captn and SolBlade, he actually makes a voice for each of the pokemon character, and this adds a whole array of unique dialog to his series that the other two simply can't do. The writing is hilarious and his jokes are great, often employing visual humor to help. He often strays from the storyline, but this is forgivable as the actual plot remains intact. If you can find him, MasterWGS is definitely worth your time.

I've avoided talking about this one until now, because it is simply so different from the other three, that comparing it would be a waste of time. But now, the fourth and final one is probably one of the most original and unique takes on the series that I have ever seen.

Behold: Pokedubs!

I heard about this series from a friend named CarbonKirby. One night, he told me about this one Pokemon Abridged that was really unique. I asked him what made it unique and he said "Pikachu is Jack Sparrow."

Originally, I thought "Well, this is a lame gimmick, and it won't last." But I figured I'd review it simply for this post, and I loved it.

Pokedubs(assuming you get the right one, as there are a few named Pokedubs) is a stunning visual and auditory masterpiece. It combines the epic sound track from Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean movies, as well as several extremely clever editing tricks. They managed to dub Pikachu perfectly, something that even MasterWGS and his visual humor still can't do.

And the voice acting is different too. Ash is the same as every other series, but the rest of the characters are taken up to 11 in awesomeness. They even have female VA's for the female characters. Chromegloss as Jack Sparrowchu is simply amazing.

Pokedubs is definitely one of the best concerted efforts to abridged Pokemon, ever.

However, I have to say that compared to a group effort like Pokedubs or MasterWGS, solo efforts like SolBlade and CaptnAwesomee's tend to look better to me, simply because it is a solo project. Captn definitely had a wider range and less gimmicks than Pokedubs, and that made it really hard to decide who gets the number one spot between Pokedubs and Captnawesomee.

In good conscience though, I had to give it to Pokedubs, simply because they are the ones that are still producing new episodes. Captn, sadly, is not, and has been inactive for over a year and a half.

That being said, you can find Pokedubs amazing series here.

Captnawesomee, who runs a close second can be found mostly here , but, due to copyright, has some episodes only available here.

Third place goes to MasterWGS and Team Pokemonstrocity/PokemonAbridgedFTW. Their backup account is found here. They also have a website, found here.

Finally, there is SolarBlade00, who, despite me being rough on him with this recommendation, still has a worthwhile series. He is cool.

That being said, help support these guys in their amazing endeavors. Go forth and subscribe!

Next week I will be reviewing one series by an old favorite of mine, lost to Youtube and almost knocked into obscurity.

Several months later, I finally watched Pokedubs and liked it, and since then, have actually become friends with the 2 creators, EdricODoom and Chromegloss55.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo you said Chrome was Jack Sparrowchu. Actually, it's Edric, the same guy who plays Ash.

Chrome plays Professor Oak and Brock, among others, and is also the editor/writer.

Just to make clarifications ^.^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/1KidsEntertainment
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:40 pm

Edited. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truthordeal Recommends   Truthordeal Recommends I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Truthordeal Recommends
Page 1 of 1