The Abridged Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Abridged Series Forums

The Abridged Series.org... where discussions on all things abridged is discussed here. Whether you're an abridger or just a fan, all are welcome...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ranma Abridged One-Year Special

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EliteslayerX

Ranma Abridged One-Year Special Empty
PostSubject: Ranma Abridged One-Year Special   Ranma Abridged One-Year Special I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:52 am

I posted a while ago with a call for cameos for Ranma Abridged, and now you'll all see why. Yes, one year ago from this very day, my idiot friend ZomgRuler and I decided to abridged Ranma 1/2. Why we chose a comedy series, I'm not quite sure, but we did it anyways.

Today, we've come out with a video to commemorate that occasion. It features cameos from many other abridgers (and one voice actor), including deal0rtruth from these forums, and one of the voice actors in his InuYasha Abridged Movie. Thanks, deal, and pass on my thanks to Eiodon (as well as that PM I sent everyone which I don't think got to him). We even got cameos from LittleKuriboh and Brad Swaile.

Well, enough rambling. You can watch the episode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo8yZtsBkx8

Please let me know what you think of it. It's short, but very sweet. Oh how the years go by (with minimal progress).
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Ranma Abridged One-Year Special   Ranma Abridged One-Year Special I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 7:49 am

Congratulations! You even managed to rope Lilkuriboh into a cameo.

Where did you get that soundclip of Brad Swaile from though?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amandestinedtobeking
TutuOn
Rookie Abridger
Rookie Abridger
TutuOn

PostSubject: Re: Ranma Abridged One-Year Special   Ranma Abridged One-Year Special I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:38 am

I quite like the writing. And Lampshading on how distracting the cameos are get's you an A*. Most definitely. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TutuOnAbridger
EliteslayerX

PostSubject: Re: Ranma Abridged One-Year Special   Ranma Abridged One-Year Special I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:13 pm

Truthordeal: Thanks! The Brad Swaile clip was obtained by ZomgRuler, my co-creator. A while ago, he sent Mr. Swaile a message asking for a cameo (before we even thought about making a special episode, so I was a little irked that he went over my helmet), and he sent us back a clip of him saying "Quack quack. Hi, this is Brad Swaile. Umm, quack?" So when we were making this episode, we figured that would be the best time to use it. After all, if you're going through the trouble of getting a famous voice actor to appear in your abridged series, what better thing to do than turn him into a duck?

TutuOn: Thank you very much. Rather than try to seamlessly integrate the cameos (which would be a little tricky, considering we had a gargoyle and a giant robot), I figured it would be best to just have them screw with the characters. I've also been watching your series; I like it, keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Ranma Abridged One-Year Special   Ranma Abridged One-Year Special I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Hahahaha! That's AWESOME, Slayer!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amandestinedtobeking
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranma Abridged One-Year Special   Ranma Abridged One-Year Special I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ranma Abridged One-Year Special
Page 1 of 1