The Abridged Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Abridged Series Forums

The Abridged Series.org... where discussions on all things abridged is discussed here. Whether you're an abridger or just a fan, all are welcome...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Episode 12: the Penultimate episode of season 1.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TutuOn
Rookie Abridger
Rookie Abridger
TutuOn

Episode 12: the Penultimate episode of season 1. Empty
PostSubject: Episode 12: the Penultimate episode of season 1.   Episode 12: the Penultimate episode of season 1. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:30 pm

So, I'm sure some of you all have seen it by now? What did you think? What parts were your favorites?

If you haven't seen it, Here and here. Do so now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TutuOnAbridger
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Episode 12: the Penultimate episode of season 1.   Episode 12: the Penultimate episode of season 1. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Overall, I think the episode was brilliant. I haven't seen anyone so much as attempt to make a full length musical episode. Everyone's vocals seemed on key and in tune and the singing itself was awesome. Rue/Kraehe's VA could've emoted more, but it seems as if she fixed that by the end.

Unfortunately the only tune I could pick out was the start of "Be Prepared," which I must admit I was somewhat disappointed that it ended so abruptly, but I understand that at that point y'all were probably ready to end the episode.

The logo used for this episode was cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amandestinedtobeking
TutuOn
Rookie Abridger
Rookie Abridger
TutuOn

PostSubject: Re: Episode 12: the Penultimate episode of season 1.   Episode 12: the Penultimate episode of season 1. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:53 pm

I actually agree with you on the whole emoting thing, although I think that it was mostly the first scene that was lacking.

And Actually, the fact that the vocals are all on key is quite an achievement considering that over half the cast was singing well outside their vocal ranges. For some reason Elf, an alto, wrote herself to sing Green Finch and Linnet bird as Tutu, a song which makes many sopranos wince. I, a high soprano, was given the exceptionally low alto part in The Gospel Truth, and--probably worst of all--Runen was singing tenor parts, a good few octaves above his natural baritone.

Pictorially:

Deep.....................................Mid Ranges.............................................High
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
__^_____________________^_________^___^___________^________^
Runen#________________Fakir#_______Rue+Elf*________Blade+____Tutu*

Ironically, Doodle and Walker were just fine, since the former is a high alto and the latter a boy soprano (his voice hasn't broken yet).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TutuOnAbridger
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 12: the Penultimate episode of season 1.   Episode 12: the Penultimate episode of season 1. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode 12: the Penultimate episode of season 1.
Page 1 of 1