The Abridged Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Abridged Series Forums

The Abridged Series.org... where discussions on all things abridged is discussed here. Whether you're an abridger or just a fan, all are welcome...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Desert Punk Abridged

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MangoSamurai

Desert Punk Abridged Empty
PostSubject: Desert Punk Abridged   Desert Punk Abridged I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Desert Punk Abridged Super_11

Hey everyone, I'm MangoSamurai; Writer, Editor and Voice Actor for my own series Desert Punk Abridged. I have alot of fun making my Abridged Series, I love writing, editting and voice acting. Desert Punk is my second favorite show and doesn't have an abridged series so I decided to make one by myself, oh and if your wondering, Yu Yu Hakusho is my #1 favorite but Lanipator already does an amazing job of dubbing that. Well anyway, I really enjoy making this show and wanna spread the joy to everyone who watches it and I'm not exagerating when I say that I have improved a whole lot in my writing since episode one so feel free to check out my youtube channel (Link Below)
My Channel
Subscribe if you like my video's and please give your feedback by commenting and rating!
Back to top Go down
1KidsEntertainment
Co-Administrator
1KidsEntertainment

PostSubject: Re: Desert Punk Abridged   Desert Punk Abridged I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:26 pm

MangoSamurai wrote:
Desert Punk Abridged Super_11

Hey everyone, I'm MangoSamurai; Writer, Editor and Voice Actor for my own series Desert Punk Abridged. I have alot of fun making my Abridged Series, I love writing, editting and voice acting. Desert Punk is my second favorite show and doesn't have an abridged series so I decided to make one by myself, oh and if your wondering, Yu Yu Hakusho is my #1 favorite but Lanipator already does an amazing job of dubbing that. Well anyway, I really enjoy making this show and wanna spread the joy to everyone who watches it and I'm not exagerating when I say that I have improved a whole lot in my writing since episode one so feel free to check out my youtube channel (Link Below)
My Channel
Subscribe if you like my video's and please give your feedback by commenting and rating!
Before even seeing your series, I find myself kinda not liking the way you present yourself.

You will find that most stupid people (henceforth known as "sheep") will do as you say when you command them to "comment, subscribe, and rate".

You will find that most intelligent people would prefer not to be begged or told what to do when it comes to things like subscribing/rating/commenting.

Which audience would you rather reach? Just some food for thought.

After only watching your most recent episode, I'll give you some feedback.

1.) Background music is way too loud and way too obnoxious. It comes off sounding like you just made an abridged series to show off the music you like.
2.) Way too short. 2 minutes is hardly an episode.
3.) Because of the background music thing, I couldn't evaluate your script, because I couldn't hear your script clearly. I did manage to catch all of the bleeping, though. Which brings me to my final point.
4.) Don't rely on curse words too much. Yes, things can sound a lot funnier when you make the character curse. But when all the characters are nonstop cursing, it just becomes lame.

Positive things:
1.) Most people that are new to abridging leave their background noise in their lines. While I'm not sure if you did remove said noise (being that the music was so loud), I don't think there was any background noise.
2.) While I don't think that it required much editing based on what I saw, there were no newbie mistakes that we see nowadays, even occasionally in some of the more respected series.

Not much more I can say. You wanted feedback and here it is. Best of luck to ya.

~1Kids
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/1KidsEntertainment
Truthordeal
Co-Administrator
Truthordeal

PostSubject: Re: Desert Punk Abridged   Desert Punk Abridged I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:52 pm

Heh, 1Kids can be pretty scary when he gets intellectual on you.

Well, Mango, welcome aboard! If I have any one thing nice to say, its that I love what you did to Sogeking there.

Feel free to look around and contribute or learn from the community. You've met 1Kids already, so I'm sure that you'll find most of our more active members are pretty well versed in what we do. I'll be sure to drop in on your series and give some feedback from my own perspective as well, in due time.

We haven't had a really lively discussion in a while, so if you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to ask here and I'm sure one of us will be happy to answer. If you just want to shoot the breeze, then hey, we're not bad at that either.

If you need voice actors in later episodes, want to network, get a new editor, we even have something for that here.

If you ever get bored, the lead Admin, Xagersfeld, has assembled a list of almost 200 Abridged Series on the front page. You can definitely find one that'll tickle your fancy. Need a suggestion on where to start? Go to the series suggestions forums. I've left quite a few myself, as have most of the other members here.

This site and these forums contain a wealth of information and resources for rookies and up-and-comers, and even for some experienced people. Don't be afraid to use them, and have at it. You're in good company here.

-Truthordeal
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amandestinedtobeking
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desert Punk Abridged   Desert Punk Abridged I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desert Punk Abridged
Page 1 of 1